These recipes at random chocolate fondants are apparently from a Nigel Slater recipe that I got from my friend Katie Twigger … it’s really lovely, especially if you use Lindtt Chilli chocolate.
200g of dark chocolate
2 tbsp nutella
100g caster sugar
- Grease 4 ramekins, preheat oven to 200oC, GM6
- Melt choc in basin over simmering water, don’t stir.
- Meanwhile, beat yolks with sugar. Whisk whites til almost stiff.
- Once choc melted stir in butter and nutella.
- Fold choc into yolks, then fold whites into that.
- Spoon into ramekins (remembering that they will rise a bit, but you can mostly fill the ramekins). Put ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 min til chocolate fondant tops are cracked and centre wobbly.
These chocolate fondants should be really gooey in the middle (I guess this is one of those recipes that pregnant women shouldn’t eat cos the eggs won’t be totally cooked). Lovely with a spoonful of creme fraiche.