This recipes at random smoked haddock risotto was a random brain wave I had one night, one of the better ones!
2 smoked haddock fillets
Milk (to cover haddock)
1 garlic clove, crushed
A dollop of margarine, butter or splash of olive oil
250g risotto rice
Glass of white wine
Shelled garden peas
Freshly ground black pepper
- Poach smoked haddock fillets in milk. Strain the milk off and keep it, loosen up the fish a bit (remove skin and bones if there are any).
- Half the leek lengthwise and then slice thinly. Fry that and a garlic until soft in marg, butter or olive oil or a mixture.
- Add risotto rice. Fry the risotto rice for a while (a few min).
- Add a big glass of white wine. Carry on cooking like you would make risotto normally (or follow the instructions on the box/bag that the rice came in). After the wine I used half chicken stock and half milk from poaching the fish.
- When the rice is just about cooked add a handful of shelled garden peas.
- Once the risotto is cooked add the fish (don’t stir so much as to break up all the fish), fresh grated parmesan and black pepper.