This recipes at random recipe for marshmallow roll came from my Mum, I’m not sure where she got it (Mum, feel free to comment). It’s a refrigerator cake with only a few ingredients and is easy and quick to make (but requires time for chilling). I’ve made it today to give as a thank you gift.
400g of digestive biscuits (plain or chocolate will work)
200g of marshmallows
397g tin of condensed milk
Desiccated coconut for rolling
Glace cherries or other dried fruit
- Bash the digestives with a rolling pin or whizz up in a food processor.
- Chop each marshmallow into 4 pieces.
- Mix together digestives, marshmallows, condensed milk and any dried fruit you want to add.
- Mold together into two long cylinders and roll in coconut – it won’t get very firm at this point, just press it together an handle it carefully. It’s easier to mold into shape once coated in coconut!
- Refrigerate until firm then slice.