Today I made this refreshing recipes at random lime and lemonade recipe, adapted from a Waitrose traditional lemonade recipe.
2 fresh lemons
2 large fresh limes (they were about the same size as the lemons, if they were normal sized I would have used 3 or 4)
100g of sugar
- Peel the zest of the lemons and limes (avoiding the white pith) and put into a measuring jug.
- Fill the jug up to the 600ml point with boiling water.
- Roll the lemons and limes under your hand when pressing down – this breaks down the insides and you get more juice out of them. Then juice the lemons and limes. Add to jug.
- Pour the contents of the jug into a sealable bottle and put in the fridge to cool.
- Once cool, the contents of the bottle are strained through a sieve back into the measuring jug, then top up to 1 litre with cold water.
- Pour lime and lemonade into a glass with lots and lots of ice – enjoy!
Good, very good!!!
- I’ve previously made this with just fresh limes and, because I wanted to drink it quickly, cooled it down with frozen raspberries … making lime and raspberry-ade, it was LOVELY!
- This could be made much lower in calories by using either a sugar substitute or half spoonful sugar